Brief Guidelines for returning to gathered worship
As we gather for worship, initially we will have a very structured environment to maintain an environment which decreases the chance of Covid transmission. This will change as the situation changes and we gather experience with gathered worship. There is a more complete document on file with the church office.
Brief guidelines for our proposed return to gathered worship are as follows:
1. Initially, we will have limited seating.
2. Prayerfully consider your health, risk status, and the status of others before coming. If you are ill, please stay at home.
3. Masks, properly worn to cover mouth and nose are required for all attendees 5 years of age and older. (Ages 2 through 4 – masks encouraged). If you do not have a mask, masks will be available at the church.
4. Per guidelines from Lewis and Clark County Health Dept., there will be some brief health screening on arrival at church.
5. Ventilation will be adjusted to provide maximum safety and benefit.
6. The southwest sanctuary entrance and the doors near the church office are the ones to be used at this time when entering and leaving worship.
7. Ushers will escort you (or your “pod”) to your seat(s), or indicate where you should sit, in order to maintain social distancing as you enter and leave. This will involve filling the sanctuary from the front to the back, and exiting the sanctuary from the back to the front under the ushers’ direction.
8. Information about the service will be on the screen. We will not have materials in the pews. Disposable activity bags are available for young children in the back of the church. Please take them home with you at the end of the service.
9. Offering will be taken in containers as you enter or exit the service.
10. There will be no live singing.
11. As a loving congregation, to maintain social distancing, hugs, handshakes, elbow bumps and other forms of expressing Christian love for one another should be in spirit and gesture, not through physical contact.
12. Please use hand sanitizers located in the foyer and at the entrance to the sanctuary.
13. The east educational wing is “off limits” beyond the bathroom.
14. Please try to not have to use the bathroom here, but if necessary downstairs bathrooms are available. Please be especially careful to minimize your “footprint” to reduce others risks should they need to use the restrooms as well.
15. At the end of the service, please exit the building as soon as possible. We will not be having a social time within the church building.
As the situation is fluid, please be aware that changes could be appearing in the bulletins and future Mustard Seed issues.